Remove this ad

A Preview of Things to Come

Rss     Subscribe     Share     Tweet    

0 Points

PrezGAR

Professional Power Ranger, Crush Therapist and Temporary Provider of Capping.

Lead

Sep 13 14 6:56 PM

Tags : :

Well, I've been working on the schedule. I've got a database, and extended it up through the end of December next year. There's a lot of gaps, but I've also got a lot of long term plans.

• I have recently downloaded off of YouTube 11 different Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parades, and a special on the history of the event. So, that's going to be a Thanksgiving tradition around here, capping a parade from years past, although we'll do the anniversary special this year.
  • For March, partially because it's Diva's birth month, and partially for the alliteration, we'll be having Musical March. It's currently going to be 9 different musicals, spread throughout the month. More could be added.
  • Starting Feb 25, there will be a different movie from the Marvel Cinematic Universe every Wednesday, in order, to lead up to Avengers: Age of Ultron in May.
  • In May, we will finish the first (and longest) season of Power Rangers, and begin season 2.
  • This October will have plenty of full length movies, but next October will be all about The Simpsons. The first 19 Treehouse of Horror Specials, along with the regular features. (The comics, Power Rangers, Agents of SHIELD).
  • Secret Wars will wrap up in February, Secret Wars II will run March through November. I'm not sure what will take it's spot in December. (There was a Secret Wars III, but it was just a few issues of Fantastic Four. And then there was Beyond, which was a  smaller scale Secret Wars series back in 2009
  • Eventually, GI Joe will be partnered with it's sister series, GI Joe Special Missions, but that's quite a ways away. I'll also have to work in the HeadMasters mini-series since it leads into later Transformers issues.
  • I've got three Un-MSTed versions of MST3K movies planned for this November for my own version of Turkey Week. And since two of them are sequels, I'll also throw in the first movies of those series.
  • I've got cajun's Birthday Surprise set, for January.

And that's just the tip of the iceberg.

Crush Therapy - The Solution to Any Capper's Problems

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Remove this ad

PrezGAR

Posts: 511 Member Since:March 13, 2014 Professional Power Ranger, Crush Therapist and Temporary Provider of Capping.

#1 [url]

Feb 1 15 10:32 AM

So, we've made it to February. Next month will mark our one year anniversary. No matter what happens this month, we will make it that far.

If we do good this month, March will be Musical March, with a different musical every Friday and Sunday. Nine in total. The countdown to Age of Ultron will continue every Wednesday, going up through Captain America: The First Avenger. The Avengers and the majority of Phase 2 will be in April. In June, we will begin Terminator Tuesdays, building up to Terminator GenisSys. If those are successful, they could continue after that with The Sarah Connor Chronicles. In late July, we'll begin three straight weeks of Fantastic Four movies, to prepare of the so-far underwhelming reboot. (That's right. Three weeks, We're doing Corman.) And in November, similar to Terminator Tuesdays, there will be Hunger Games Tuesdays, as we get ready for Mockingjay Part 2.

Of course, if this month is not so good, there wont be much left to come. March will be 15 days of straight galleries. Ten of them will be Crisis on Infinite Earths, to wrap that up. The other five days, I'm not sure yet. I might finish off my 6a selections, or come up with something else. But, fingers crossed, we wont have to worry about that.

Quote    Reply   

Sidesk

Capper Megazord Mode!

#2 [url]

Feb 11 15 4:29 PM

By coincidence, I just finished watching "X Men First Class" this evening

I have been asked to make clear that I am in no way connected to Sunset Island Productions, aka sidesk.com :I am happy to do so.

Quote    Reply   

PrezGAR

Posts: 511 Member Since:March 13, 2014 Professional Power Ranger, Crush Therapist and Temporary Provider of Capping.

#3 [url]

Feb 23 15 11:46 AM

Here's the situation, boys and girls. We've got less than a week left in the month. There's seven galleries in the vault for this month, and one in second chances. And there's a lot of galleries with few or no caps yet. I will decide before I post the Saturday galleries what March will look like. And right now, it's not looking good. But, if just one more non-comic book gallery makes it into the vault, March will happen, and be a full month. If things remain unchanged, our last gallery will go up on the 15th, the one year anniversary of the GARamid. Which would mean, no more Transformers. No Secret Wars II. No getting back to Super Powers next year. No Marvel Movies every Wednesday though the end of April. And a lot more that I had planned that will never come to fruition.

Quote    Reply   

PrezGAR

#4 [url]

Aug 23 15 2:38 PM

So, I've been working on the schedule through the end of the year. There's a few things I've added, a few things re-added and some things pulled from the plan.

First, starting next month, on the 13th of the month (at least through the end of the year), we will do Tomatoes on the 13th. In this case, it's the Attack of the Killer Tomatoes movies. There's four of them, so one a month. If I decide to keep the GARamid running into next year, I can add the animated series.

Also next month, I'll be bringing back the Marvel Cinematic Universe, picking up where we left off with The Avengers. This will be one a week, ending with Avengers: Age of Ultron. This will also bring back (at least for one week) Marvel's Agents of SHIELD, to tie in with Captain America: The Winter Soldier. If Ant-Man is out before mid-December, it will make it in.

I've removed the Hunger Games series from the plan. One less gallery I need to open while I'm on vacation in early November.

Right now, December will be the busiest month, as it may very well be our final month. I've got 7 galleries opening in a span of six days. So, in addition to wrapping up Crisis on Infinite Earths and Flash Gordon:Zeitgesit, I've added the two issue History of the DC Universe, which acts as a bit of an epilogue to Crisis. (Due to reviewing the two issues, I found they would be next to impossible to screengrab. So, they're off the table.) The final gallery of the year, and possibly for the GARamid will be Scott Pilgrim vs The World.

If I do keep things running into next year, things will be done differently. Comics will be the primary focus. Transformers will continue, GI Joe may return. Super Powers will pick up again, as there are still two mini-series left. I may also start doing this year's Secret Wars, including all the tie in series, on an alternating basis. Live action movies and TV shows will be rare and a special occasion. Animation will depend on how I feel. After all, I've shown the Best Animated Feature Oscar winner two years in a row. That all depends on what wins next year. (Right now, I'm guessing Inside Out. Still a bit opening this year.)

Last Edited By: PrezGAR Aug 31 15 8:22 PM. Edited 1 time.

Quote    Reply   
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help